Thread: Lyngdorf RP-1
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax View Post
I use a Lyngdorf TDAI2200 as a preamp and Room Correction. The volume of digital signal is changed by toroidal power supply as a pure digital signal. I then feed digital out to my DAC. DAC volume is fixed. XLR attach to the McIntosh mono blocks.
I spent time emailing Lyngdorf support. The same trick is available to sub crossover. The RP-1 and MEN are similar. The DP-1 and TDAI2200 or TDAI2170 all work same way. The TDAI2170 offers Intercomponent Clipping Control (ICC) to correct clipped recordings and ability to have two different Speaker system room calibration. The TDAI are the way to go. i use Lyngdorf class D digital amp outputs to drive pool speakers in another area. Amps are very very good but run out of grunt compared to Quad Balances Mcintosh amps.

I would trade RP-1 for a TDAI or DP-1. The dynamic range and clarity not converting signal until it is fed to amps is amazing and you can use the Lyngdorf DAC or your own boutique DAC. I prefer my differential DAC over The excellent Lyngdorf DAC. The aftermarket DAC is oh so beautiful in sound.
Hmmm... Thank you for posting. Can you write out your signal chain and what connections you are using for the TDAI 2200? According the manual is can only do 24/96. Is this correct in your chain?

Best,
Nick