View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
After more than 20 years working together, Caelin and I find ourselves of like mind on the majority of application questions but if he differs he can chime in. For your system, the best value may be the Denali 6000/S if it is attractively priced, along with an Alpha HC or an Alpha EF power cord.

The reason for my recommendation is the nature of your system, which is not an HT system where you might be inclined to say "budget be damned" when it comes to power distribution.

Yes, the new D 6000/S v2 is notably better in terms of independent outlet isolation, high-current transfer, measured noise reduction and performance but if you are looking to stay within a budget mirroring your system, buying a dealer demo D/6000S with an Alpha HC at a substantive savings will get you performance you would be very pleased with.

In a SOTA or aspirational, performance based sound or video system such as your main system - or anything approaching that, I'd be inclined to recommend a Denali 6000/S v2 without qualification - you went top shelf with the Tv3 so its a moot point. The 6000/S v2 is leaning toward Triton level performance but obviously these gains become more apparent as system's scale up.

To hit the performance marks you described with the system you listed, I think the Denali 6000/S and a Alpha C-19 will do an amazing job. You can spend more and get better performance with the D6Sv2, but I look at your system and think "best value" as well as best overall performance. Projecting percentages of "better" versus percentages of "cost" is a less exact science in systems constructed with an eye to keeping within a reasonable budget.

I recommend e-mailing me specifics relative to cost differences and we can dial this variable in so you have the best fit between cost and performance.

Best regards,

Grant
grant@shunyata.com
Shunyata Research
Thanks and appreciated Grant. I just sent you a PM