View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bILLwOJO View Post
Don't own any CJ gear, wouldn't mind trying one of there preamps on my Mac tubes though. I'm just surprised if it wasn't just one batch of bad tubes that a company like CJ didn't offer a fix. Running the heaters at that elevated voltage will cause problems with tubes. I'd want to see the heater voltage between 6.1 and 6.2 volt's for long life. Not bashing CJ gear, like I said, I'd love to try one of the preamps, even an older one, I have heard nothing but good reports on them. BillWojo
I've owned CJ gear for almost 4 decades now and haven't had any problems, other than a couple of aggravating ground loop hums and two tube failures (Premier 16LS2 - 6922 & Premier 11A - 6550). I currently have a GAT pre and ART monoblocks, they have been perfect in all regards. I also have two close friends that are long term CJ users and neither has had problems other than one blown 6550 power tube.

I know nothing about amplifier circuitry and their various operating parameters, so I have no comment regarding heater voltage. However, from my experience, I'd rate CJ gear, overall, as being exceptionally reliable.