Thread: Olympica II?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 AM

I have heard the Olympica II twice with McIntosh electronics. The first time was in a large open irregular shaped room, and thought they sounded excellent. They were both more revealing and had significantly better tone than my current Kef R700 speakers. I enjoyed them thoroughly and really fell in love with the Olympica series as a result. The II or III are on top of my wish list. The second time I heard them was in a very poor room which accentuated the high frequencies too much, making them a little harsh sounding. I strongly believe it was the room, because at my first listen I thought the highs were just right. Detailed and smooth. In comparison to the Olympica IIIs the main differences were in better dynamic range and scale of the sound with the advantage going to the III, but I think that in a medium or smaller sized room, the IIs wouldn't sacrifice much compared to the IIIs. In a larger space the III would be the way to go if possible. I'm hoping to get one or the other when I have the space for them.