Thread: Harbeth P3ESR's
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 11:20 AM

Default Harbeth P3ESR's

John DeVore, and all DeVore owners, please excuse the following.
This is a personal opinion only. And does not describe an absolute fact. You are a great creator and you design superbly musical speakers.

I could not resist the temptation any longer to try my P3ESR's in one of my other system.
So I tried them in the DeVore Super 8's system. The room is huge and opened everywhere. A nightmare for any speaker.
And guess what happened ?
While the Super 8's could hardly qualify for the ideal stand for little bookshelf speakers, the P3ESR's killed my beloved Devore's !
What would happen with dedicated stands ??

And they did not only killed them. They burried them. And they started to shout everywhere that DeVore Super 8's are a lie.

Do you know how the french lovers club of the LS3/5 A speaker call it ? The " Bitch ".
Why ? Because it kills every other speaker you put next to her.

I won't detail the sound and why I do not want to listen to the Super 8's anymore since I got the P3ESR. The ones who want to know will have to listen to both of them in my house.

Amplifier is the MAC1500 receiver with NOS RCA 7591 tubes. An integrated which uses a simplified version of the MC 225 amplifier. Very similar to the MA230 integrated.

Source is the Rega P9 TT, with DENON DL103 Expert Stylus Co. And Auditorium 23 Standard 103 SUT.

Please do not misunderstand me. DeVore Super 8's are great great speakers. Harbeth P3ESR's are just MUCH MUCH better TO MY EARS. Their performance is simply out of this world.

Thanks for reading.

image-732025696.jpg

Last edited by jdandy; 09-13-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Enlarge photo.