View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 09:47 PM

Default Roon not Recognizing BDP3

Stumbling on a current link from the audio circle place, I was able to grab the 60 day Roon trial for the BDP3.

My plan was to use a Mac laptop for the remote and core and then the BDP 3 to feed the system (via internal SSD and Qobuz) with all of the Roon interface glory. The Mac is on WiFi and the Bryston has the internal WiFi card. The BDP3 was set to "Roon Ready" in Manic Moose.

After a good bit of time, the BDP3 and/or its SSD was not recognized. Roon did sync with Qobuz and the iTunes files on the laptop but just play internally, not through the main system.

This evening, I hooked the laptop directly into the DAC (Bryston BDA3) via USB and the laptop played through the system. Switching the BDP3 off Roon allowed direct A to B comparison; the BDP was certainly more appealing.

So, I seem to be missing something with this endpoint stuff. My original idea of the laptop handling remote and database (core?) stuff and the BDP3 doing the player stuff isn't quite so. Seems like the machine handling Roon Core also feeds the DAC.

All comments welcome as I indulge myself in personal enrichment.

Thanks!