View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 AM

Great post. You hit many nails on the head. I have Treo's I've got up for sale so that I too can get the Quatro's. It's the sweet spot in the line, but as you go up, you keep getting so much more. It's not even small amounts like so many other companies speaker lines. Most companies just give you larger cabinets and drivers and louder music. Vandersteen's give you more of everything and he does it with properly sized cabinets so you still get a point source listening experience. That's why so many Maggie folks LOVE the Vandersteens. That bass is palpable. The fact that you can adjust it means you can place the speakers where they give you the best presentation and then dial in the bass. That's just an awesome feeling. That's the only reason I'm wanting to upgrade.

Gaboudreaux, the Ayre and Vandersteen match is made in heaven. Unless you go with Richard's amp, you can't go wrong with the ARC Ref amps, the Aesthetix amps or the Ayre amps. That's the biggest reason that most dealers carry those three lines. You have to be able to match things. I can't wait for you to audition the 5 and 7's at Timbre Audio. I will be surprised if it doesn't blow you away. Make sure you bring your own amps with you if he doesn't have the Ayre ref/Twenty amps. I forget if he's a dealer or not.