View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
The link comes up empty on my end. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

I had an early, maybe first generation, of the WEL AC cable and it was top class. I kept it for a few years until I found Furutech's to be more my taste/flavor.
The WEL cable had thunderous, tight, detailed bass and matching high end. The only thing that kept me from pursuing additional WEL AC cables was that the mids were a little too transparent or perhaps recessed. It made the bass and highs prominent.
It worked very well for some components, but not all of them.
I felt it needed a warmer mid range to be more balanced sounding, for my system. Nevertheless I still think it was top class.

They are due for power cable upgrades. Most of the updates over recent years look to have been more cosmetic than substantive re-engineering projects.
To me, the WEL interconnect had the same effect as the one you describe (although it had world class microdynamics, speed, timbral richness, thunderous bass and the blackest background something was definitely missing). That's why I clearly preferred WBY. But the NRG-WEL sounds just perfect to me!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:19 AM.