View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Seems like AudioQuest has released a new series of power cables...
http://www.audioquest.com/power-cabl...ane-hi-current

The link comes up empty on my end. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

I had an early, maybe first generation, of the WEL AC cable and it was top class. I kept it for a few years until I found Furutech's to be more my taste/flavor.
The WEL cable had thunderous, tight, detailed bass and matching high end. The only thing that kept me from pursuing additional WEL AC cables was that the mids were a little too transparent or perhaps recessed. It made the bass and highs prominent.
It worked very well for some components, but not all of them.
I felt it needed a warmer mid range to be more balanced sounding, for my system. Nevertheless I still think it was top class.

They are due for power cable upgrades. Most of the updates over recent years look to have been more cosmetic than substantive re-engineering projects.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables