View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Retired

Am using the pre-outs on the B100-SST to feed the BHA-1. Only problem is having to switch the two small switches on back of the B100 from internal to external each time I move back & forth between headphones & speakers. Hope they don't wear out. May have to exercise my 20yr warranty if they do (only 16yr left ).

The important part is just how good the BHA-1 sounds with all three of my headphones. It tightens up the LCD-3 romanticism a bit, which works for me as I prefer 'fast & clean' rather than 'romantic'. However, the BHA-1 is wonderful with the Focal Clear. Extends both ends of the spectrum and provides a glorious mid-range. Best I've heard in a headphone set-up. Cannot recommend the BHA-1 too highly with these headphones. My feeling with the HD-650s us that they they are pretty much taken to their limit with the BHA-1. The HD-650 is a stunning value in headphones, but they can't quite keep up with the LCD-3 and, especially to my ears, the Focal Clear. If you can audition a BHA-1 with your high-end headphones, do so. The only thing it lacks is a remote volume control (as do most all high-end headphone amps, for some reason). Would like to use as a 'stand alone' headphone amp in my reading space. A remote volume control would be handy for same.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag