View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 12:30 AM

I assume the BHA 1 will need a good run / burn in to settle , I haven't read so far of other owners mentioning this.
Anyway for anyone interested the Audeze 2.2 have a balanced after market cable manufactured by Toxic Cables of the U.K. the Venom silver.
The ModWright Sony has a excellent vibration drain by Symposium , ISO medium platform with Symposiums Roller Blocks 3s including Roller Blocks 2+ under the power supply , mind blowing science at its best,.and for now a pair of old Nordost Valhalla balanced interconnects from player to the BHA 1. Another important part of this little system is a power conditioner by APC, the model 15.
I don't have too many CDs or a lot invested in the player itself however I can see some day in the distant future investing in a music server of some sort but for now the CD player works fine.
The warts in the Audeze head phones I know well but I can live with them for now.

Music , I was thrilled with FIMs XRCD24 of ALBENIZ Frubeck De Buros Suite Espanola.
For anyone with an original DECCA or Dutch vinyl pressing will know how great this music and recording are.
I think I like these JVC XRCDs much better then SACD,another thrilling XRCD is Harry Belafonte At Carnegie Hall, I know this one well since I think about 1960 as a child I would drive my mother nuts wanting to listen to it too frequently.I could picture in my little brain what he sang about. As good as this cd is and it is exceptional my vinyl surpasses this XRCD only with the vocals.

The Bryston is doing a good job so far and I think once more hours are logged onto it I should like it even more. One I find low level resolution is excellent where on the main system little things like that get swallowed up in the room.
Just to mention another disc which belongs in the same category for being exceptional recording and fantastic music is on the Chesky label oppps it's a SACD Paquito D'Rivera Portraits of Cuba, mind blowing good.

Oh and for Rock fans I find Pink Floyd's original Pulse Cd very well recorded and very enjoyable including Rogers Waters Opera in Berlin. However the original vinyl of these two fantastic Live recordings trump the digital play back and is preferred listening.

Last edited by LooseLeaf; 07-26-2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling errors and wording