View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPaulC View Post
I am relatively new to AA and brand new to Pass Labs. I just ordered an
Int-30A to replace my current integrated (Vecteur 80 W @ 8ohms). I will be using the Int-30A to drive Magnepan MG12's in my relatively small dedicated room (14' X 11' X 9.5'ceilings). Unfortunately because I don't have a dealer nearby I have not heard the amp (or any Pass Labs amps for that matter). So this is a bit of a gamble (although with the 10 day grace period with Reno Hi-Fi I can return them in the unlikely case I am not happy).

I know the new .8 amps will be hitting the market soon but I figure starting with the .5 based integrated (demo) will give me a good idea of what is possible. Here is hoping that 60Watts of Class A into 4 ohms & some A/B headroom will work well enough with the Maggies. In any case, finding out what Class A is all about will be part of the fun.
Congratulations on your choice of Pass Labs. I think you've made the right decision. Ever since adding Pass to my system I have not looked back. I think they drive the Magnepans magnificently and with authority.

A big dealing with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi. The good thing is that when you are ready to make an upgrade he'll take care of you.