View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:43 AM

The swap out of my KK Palladian PK-10 power cord, KK balanced 7m IC, and KK copper select speaker cable with a 3m HC Hurricane, 3m Redwood, and 7m balanced Wolf by AQ yielded a remarkable improvement in my sub-woofer bass. I was a profound skeptic regarding cables for many years steadfastly believing any high quality copper cable competitive and probably indistinguishable from the ridiculously priced high end cables. Especially cables for sub-woofers. Why would a well made copper cable, copper IC, and high quality pc of a well respected brand like Kimber sound inferior to the AQ cables. While true the Hurricane HC contains no silver its PSC+ and design render it clearly superior to my older KK PK-10.

I was simply naive and incorrect. Unfortunately cables make a huge difference and very easy to hear. I use the word cable here to include pc's, speaker, and IC's.

I add that I really like the Redwood speaker cable which is a "cheap" Wel Sig containing 6 silver/10 PSC+ strands. It is just beautiful to behold and a great value. The difference it has made for my Thor is more than worth its price.

Last edited by Charles; 12-25-2018 at 09:56 PM.