View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 11:09 AM

Default Bryston SP3 Preamp-Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buseto View Post
I would appreciate if someone could help me with making this working well.

I am trying for several months to manage my AV-installation with a Harmony Companion. My tv, blu ray player, tuner, setup box, works fine with this remote control, except the SP3. It doesn't always go the right input (e.g. from tape to tuner) and it doesn't always choose the right modus (analoog, digital).

I added in the different activities delays between the commands for the SP3, I added general device delay settings, I added shutdown commands (e.g. when adding the command: switch on 'digital' in the startup, I added a switch off of the 'digital' as one of the shutdown commands). But ...

I think all this did help a bit, but switching between activities where the SP3 is part of stays erratic and - I think - it depends on from which activity I will go to the next one.

Anyone?

The SP3 has always been a little slow responding to remote commands. It is also very slow doing HDMI handshakes, which is a pain. I attribute that to its age.

What you want to do is to assign a command to a physical key of your remote that will select the correct Input and HDMI option in the event that they are not selected properly when you press the activity button.

Here is how I resolved a similar issue to the one that you are having. (I am using a Logitech Harmony Hub model so it may be a little different).

The physical remote control has three activity buttons (the icons on the remote show a Music note, a TV, and a Movie clapperboard).

Open the “MyHarmony” App on the computer. Select the remote that you want to modify. Then go to the “Buttons” (left side of the screen). This allows you to do two things: 1) Assign a button to one activity, and 2) change what each button in the remote does.

Start by assigning a button to an activity. For example, for the TV, I assigned the TV button (short-press).

Next go to the “Remote Buttons” (right below “Activity Button Assignment”) which lets you change what each button in the remote does. Then select the TV activity and press “Go”.

I then assign a command to a physical key of my remote. To do this:

-Click the letter “E” on the picture of the remote shown on the left of the screen.

-Then assign a command to the letter “E”. In my case, I assigned two Bryston SP3 commands to that letter: “SAT” input, and “HDMI”. Thats because I have my satellite box connected to the "HDMI" "SAT" Input of the SP3.

That’s it.

What this does is that after I press the activity button, if the SP3 is not connected to the correct Input and/or HDMI option, all I have to do is press the letter “E” and the SP3 commands for correct Input and HDMI are resent. That fixes the problem. If the SP3 is slow, you can press “E” as many times as you want/need. I picked the letter "E" because there was nothing assigned to it. Also "E" can be interpreted as "error correction".

You can do the same for each activity. Of course for each activity, the commands that you assign to “E” will be different to correspond to the correct Input and HDMI setting on the SP3.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by nicoff; 01-30-2019 at 11:22 AM.