View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback and 'you don't have to worry' messages. But if one truly doesn't have to worry, why does Ayre feel the need to even create the anxiety in the first place? In what HBR case study has it been shown that this is a rational model for creating customer loyalty?

Out of curiosity, mraudio, what other manufacturers do this? My exposure is limited, I'll admit, but Levinson, B&W, Classe, others whose websites I visited simply state they offer a 5-yr warranty with proof of purchase from an AD. These and some offer on-line registration, not as a requirement, but as a convenience to the customer in the event their original paperwork is ever misplaced.

Ayre, on the other hand, demands one mails the enclosed card within 30 days (it clearly states in all caps and even bolded letters - you MUST do this). No offer of convenient on-line registration. Nothing friendly about it.

Thinking about it, the only other organization with which I deal who has a do-this-by-then-or suffer-the-consequences approach with customers is the IRS. Frankly, I don't enjoy being a customer of the IRS. I'm just a little surprised that Ayre intentionally puts themselves in that bucket.