View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2ears View Post
ML owners was hoping for an opinion from your real life experience with Martin Logan

I was wondering how a McIntosh 452 would do with either a Summit X or the Montis system ... is it overkill ?
I can't speak to the Mac, I can to M/L, you can't go wrong with either choice. With that being said I favor the use of the Montis and with the $$ differential one can easily better the bottom end with a quality sub purchase.

FWIW, I utilize the Montis predecessor (Spire), augmented with a Velodyne DD-15 sub. My amp(s) are Rogue M-180 MonoBlocks (when the 'tube mood' hits) and a Plinius SA-102.

As said I'm not familiar with the Mac you speak of but both Logans are hybrids and are not that difficult to drive, yet both are mighty revealing with respect to all upstream equipment.

Quote:
Also my listening room opens to our kitchen and was curious if the panels are a magnet for cooking discharge - We listen to music when preparing dinner but do not turn on the overhead projector (with an intake cooling fan) because the filter was pulling in some nasty stuff
This is where you may have issues, for IMO electrostatics need to be in as clean an environment as possible. Smoke, grease and any other air borne particulates do not belong ………...