View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
In my humble opinion, that only works when we are evaluating something we ourselves are buying. Try that at a friend's house when the evaluation process has nothing to do with your own purchase.

Much like the placebo groups can and do have spontaneous healing just because they "believe" they are taking medication, we choose to hear, see and perceive what we want to hear, see and believe. Add the glossy ads, the creative write-ups in the magazines that one has read at least a few times and you will hear exactly what you and "they" WANT you to hear. The confirmation from the enthusiast groups such as ours about any product go a long way to reinforce that effect. Some believe we create our own reality and live within that illusion, who knows, maybe on a quantum level, we do hear what others may not within the context of the reality we have created.
In my opinion, it has to do with if you are familiar with the system and the music being played. I have done the same tests for my brother's system which I am very familiar with and have gotten similar results. I was not purchasing any cable.

Are you saying, if I do not know which cable is in my system but listen to it and can guess correctly 90% on the time which cable is being used I am still effected by placebo?