View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 07:28 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Unless really egregious, am listening to the music and rarely notice. Plus, keeping my LPs clean reduces same to a non-noticeable level.
There is the Sugar Cube series click and pop remover available, the SC-1 and SC2, which are supposed to do a more than good job of removing these artifacts. Plus, it has an on-board DAC and WiFi. I might consider one, if I'm sure I'll stick with LPs as a format. Right now, no plans not to.

As for streaming, no plans to go there. I had an experience at the doctor's office on Friday though that did get me thinking about adding digital to my setup. They had someone's iPod connected to the office sound system, and many songs I recognized were playing. I liked the sound and the mix of tracks, and began thinking. While I might not stream, I could see ripping my CDs to a digital player with an on-board hard drive and creating my own playlists. I do that now except I rip them to an external connected to my iMac and burn playlists to CD.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks