View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 AM

That was my point exactly! Sorry for offtopic, but no matter what the brand is, I wanted to highlight what makes a difference and which specifications I think matter. Totally agree, these speakers need power. And not just power, but dynamic power. Most manufacturers shy to declare their amplifiers behavior into 2 or even 4 Ohm. But lab tests show that in that case a lot of units fail and show even less power, than into 8 Ohm. When this happens, it doesn't really matter, what absolute power numbers are. It won't do the job to control these speakers. I think that phylosophy was introduced by Dan D'Agostino for Krell amplifiers, but not sure really.

On the other hand, this is German brand, just like Canton. More to this, at Canton they use Audionet (also german with some similarities in approach) amplification to test their speakers in the head office (can be seen in factory tour articles). Now that this brand no longer exists, it's interesting if they will move to something else.

Also, while your tube amps tests are interesting, it would be nice if someone tries this line with Class A solid state designs (Pass Labs, Luxman). I'm curious if this design can handle them.

Last edited by Scyld; 01-13-2019 at 08:26 AM.