View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 04:42 PM

Thought I would add a comment about changing to the meidrange fuse value of 1.15 ohms.
The sound was/s slightly heavy the way I had everything. So I CHANGED A POWERCORD. The cord in question on the Furman REF20 conditioner. from a cord made with DH LAbs $8ft wire and Furutech '28' Rhodium plugs, back to a cord I had on it before, and still laying right next to the DH Labs cord! a Pangea AC14XL .THe XL is clearer/brighter sound than the DH Labs.
Naturally this adjusted the slightly heavy 'dark' sound of the midrange resistor 1.15 ohm.

The way I would describe this is a race car analogy. In an ordinary car, with folks driving to work at rush hour, a difference anywhere from 40psi down to 15psi in the tires could easily be overlooked. Not even noticed. The difference of ! psi in a race car tire on a race track, might mean the difference between winning or top three, or crashing, or just plain losing.
Same thing listening to a 'high strung' AC setup in a stereo system.

While thinking over the days events before sleep, it dawned on me to swap the Furman AC cord...

The only reason for posting this is to say there are plenty of ways to arrive at the same destination...