View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou

I'm sure neither side is completely wrong and neither side is completely right! (like most things in life).

A poetic licence in marketing is ubiquitous these days which is why I completely ignore all marketing efforts and rely on my own assessment or that done by those whose ears I trust.
Nothing worse than marketing misrepresentation & inventive slogans that mean nothing. The pharmaceutical industry is quite inventive when it comes to their terminology hype as well. The marketing story needs to be properly backed with detailed technical specifications that are accurately descriptive of the penultimate production release which is currently in shipment. Without concise documentation, it is no wonder manufacturer's product is treated with suspicion. This is especially the case when product is not readily available at retail level & the tactile and/or retail experience is not accessible until several weeks after the customer hands over their credit card. This is the situation with Shunyata, although Grant had stated in another thread that they are taking measures to address this.

I noticed Shunyata have just published some basic specs on their power cables but are yet to do this for their signal cables.

Last edited by MyPal; 06-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.