View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Agree that 180gm is not meaningful in and of itself. Agree that current and much old MoFi is outstanding. Agree that the remastering is what counts.

Don't agree that a transfer to the digital domain always means unacceptable degradation. Take the Beatles reissues. They are digital transfers and you would be VERY hard pressed to find old copies that sound as good for $21 apiece. They really sound quite good and unless you happen to have a pristine copy you have held onto for the last 40-50 years, you will be very happy with a new jacket, gorgeous fresh artwork and a fine sounding LP. Same for Led Zeppelin records. Have you seen the prices for good used copies? I bought Japanese pressings to save a few bucks. How about AC/DC? The reissues are excellent and a clean copy of Back in Black will set you back a chunk. The Aerosmith reissues are outstanding given how hard it is to find clean old copies.

I've gladly scooped up all the Beatle albums I care about with no sales tax and free shipping. The first three Zeppelin LPs were reissued yesterday. My order is placed.