View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 03:01 AM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I've owned 4 pairs of Willson's over the years WP 6, 8, Maxx 2 and 3. They are excellent speakers and equally excel and music and home theatre.

I did get a chance to hear Dave Wilson's home theatre set up. Pretty sure it was Maxx 2's/WP's and his center channel/subs out at the time. Oh my gosh was it incredible. Best home theatre I've ever heard. Parasound electronics.

I've used 2 channel at my home always. Preferring to max out that vs spread the $'s to other channels. Although after hearing Dave Wilson's home theatre...it makes you wonder if 5.1 wasn't the better path...

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Nagra Classic Amp
Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 Spkr/interconnect & Magnum Opus phono interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x4), Sigma HC & Analog (x4)
Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ (mostly) Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

It was because of you and when you owned Maxx 3's that I started my quest towards owning them! That was over on Audiogon some time ago! My moniker is Statman from when I owned Martin Logan speakers in my home theater.
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.