View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
This is an issue all of a sudden.

When I stand up, bass drops off. It hasn't ben an issue for over 21 years; but now I notice it. James Tanner suggests this is a room node. Placement for speakers is limited. I can play with toe-in and could move them back some. I'll have to decide first whether the drop-off bothers me, and if so then how to handle things.
Interesting thing. At the recent NY Audio Show I got to hear Legacy Aeris speakers, and in that room the opposite happened.

The Focus SE went up in price and is now out of reach, so I move on to other possibilities down the road. The Focus SEs are too much for a 1BR apartment anyway, probably.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks