View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 09:58 PM

Default Update 3

After an email discussion with Esoteric, I decided to try using the G-01 10MHz OUT connections into my P-02 & D-02 10 MHz IN connections. Yes, I know the 10MHz BNC connectors are 50 Ohm impedance and I have quality Valhalla v2 75 Ohm cables and I know the experts (Esoteric, SRS) both say it doesn't make a hill of beans difference which impedance cable I use at 10MHz.

Still, I found two inexpensive ($5 ea.) 50 Ohm BNC cables made with RG-58U coaxial cable, in a local electronics supply store. After fumbling around with button pushing coupled with several choice swear words (especially RTFM), the P-02 & D-02 finally sync'd up and I sat back to listen. I used two special ECM light jazz CDs that I find are very well recorded with a mixture of vocals and instrumentals.

I sat back and listened and had a holy ---- moment! I kid you not!! There was more 'life' in these two CDs than I'd heard before. Transients were more distinct, the background seemed to get darker and the whole listening experience was somewhat overwhelming.

If you own a G-01 Clock and you have equipment with 50 Ohm BNC connectors, do yourself a favor and try 10MHz OUT even if it means using inexpensive 50 Ohm cables. I'm willing to venture you won't want to go back to your original settings!!

Ken