View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macuser View Post
Another option would be to stream the station you're after. Surely they must have that option. That would save hunting down a super tuner and running cables for an antenna in the attic.
The more distant classical station does not appear to stream directly (I have a question in to them). There are some of third-party services that seem to do it for them with unknown quality.

The stronger classical station does its own streaming, offering streams for "Windows Media, MP3, and iTunes." Again the quality is unknown to me, without a good way to input it to my amplifier, but I have a question in to them too. These options don't sound very encouraging to the audiophile though.

Maybe you were trying to tell me in a PM that I should be able to connect my smartphone to the amp. somehow? It's a new Yamaha A-S501 that has a either optical or RCA digital inputs, but the DAC is not spec'd. I didn't shell out for the A-S701 -- DAC also not spec'd -- because at the time I didn't expect to use digital inputs. -- Clark2