View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Wow, you didn't keep the Bryston's long. What prompted the upgrade? You even opted for the custom rosewood finish on them I suspect the Bryston's are good value in their dollar range but probably can't run with the big boys where everything is built from the ground up not simply developing drivers and possibly crossovers???? for a pre existing cabinet from another manufacturer. My dealer recently picked up the Revel line, hopefully one day he will get the Salon2's so I can see and hear what all the fuss is about Even getting in the Studio2 I suspect would portray a good sense of what the Salon2's can do. He's got either the F206's or 208's in now. I really like the wood veneer finish on those.
Rod:

I absolutely love my Bryston Model T's in Brazilian Rosewood! But as you guessed, this is a value play and now I'm moving up the food chain so to speak. I like the Brystons well enough to be scared that I won't experience the same liquid midrange and deep bass extension with the Salon 2's. Chances are I will love them in my room, but that's just to let everyone know that it's not a knock on the Bryston speakers. My expectations of the Salon 2's, at a multiple of the price of the Model T, SHOULD be noticeably better. I am sure this will be the case based on my extended listening at a friend's house (who happens to be the regional distributor for Revel speakers.

Wish me luck!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds