View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Default Samsung Galaxy Smart Watch

Lately I have become interested in the new Samsung Galaxy Smart Watch. I have never owned a smart watch, and quite honestly I have no need for this device, but I keep returning for another look, another review, and continue to think I might really enjoy owning this watch.

It is important to me to have a watch that looks like a watch, not something that resembles a toy strapped to my wrist. The Samsung Galaxy Watch is impressive on that front. It is well made from high quality materials, offers a nearly endless selection of high resolution watch faces available on its crystal clear AMOLED display, provides a unique user interface for accessing its settings, applications, and specialty functions with its rotating bezel and touch screen. It also delivers decent battery life when compared to many other smart watch offerings. The watch is available in two sizes, 42mm and 46mm, with three different color choices. The quick release watch bands allow a wide selection of other watch bands to be installed. The 46mm version has a 70% larger battery than the 42mm size. The smart watch has Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, and can also be ordered with LTE connectivity with the four major carriers. The Samsung Galaxy Watch is packed with technology, yet still manages to look and present itself as a wristwatch when worn. That is what I find most appealing.

There is no doubt smart watch technology continues to evolve and is rapidly improving. No smart watch is perfect, but the current crop of offerings from the various manufacturers are advancing in usefulness and attractiveness. Like I said earlier, I have no real need for a smart watch, but I am being drawn to the Samsung Galaxy Watch as an interesting alternative to wearing my standard wristwatches.

If there are any members here that own and wear a smart watch, I would be interested in reading your impressions and experiences using it. I am particularly interested in hearing from any Samsung Galaxy Watch owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEryj5AlqM

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 12-14-2018 at 06:40 PM.