View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:34 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMelby View Post
I've had a Triton V3 and Typhon QR feeding my system for several years now and have been very happy with the sound. With the release of the new Sigma XC cables I figured it was time to see if there was any life left in these veterans or whether the Denali was where to invest. Either way, I figured it would be a good thing to have the new Sigma XC for use with any new power distributor. I started by replacing my Sigma analog cord running to the Typhon QR with a Sigma XC. Wow! Yes definitely nice improvement. Well worth the investment for me. I noted across the board improvements from high to low. As Caelin has mentioned in past the power cord to the power distributor is critical. On that note I figured that the Sigma umbilical running from the Typhon QR to the Triton probably was another weak link and worth investigating an upgrade. I have just recently then been using a trial Sigma XC as an umbilical to the Triton. Holy smokes once again a truly shocking improvement - wow! Suddenly my system has opened up x10 - thunderous bass, pristine non fatiguing highs, improved resolution of fine details. Everything just sounds so much closer to live music. What an amazing and wonderful accomplishment by the Shunyata team.
I am also so happy to report, and frankly in amazement at what the veteran Triton v3 and Typhon QR are capable of when fed with these Sigma XCs. I'd say these are worth a consideration for those staying with the Triton and Typhon combination - there is a lot more these guys are capable of giving us -

Thanks, Dr. Melby! Great info...glad you're enjoying your TV3 and Typhon QR with these new PCs.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.