View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrolls View Post
Caelin: Above I see you recommend an Alpha HC on the CJ preamp. I was expecting the recommendation of the Alpha Analog for a preamp. Is this based on the pre being CJ or that of choice the Alpha HC is just a better pc? My interest arises from the intent to replace the pc to my MC C2300. I have 2 Alpha Digitals in my system but the C2300 is on a Zitron Cobra. Thanks for the information. Jeff
The Alpha Series cables are in a price sensitive range. Many people are stretching their budget to get them in their system. The extra cost of the Alpha HC over the Analog version can be significant for some people. Especially when you consider the multiple cables in a system.

The Alpha HC was recommended because it is going on a tube preamp which actually benefits from the extra gauge. And the fact that the cable it is replacing is an Anaconda CX which is a very formidable cable.

For your C2300 the Alpha Analog would be a good upgrade over the Cobra. However, the Alpha HC would be better if the extra cost is not an issue.