View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer6 View Post
I also own a few pieces and try to resist buying more. Probably what I will do gradually is sell all of them and get a Patek which in my opinion is the holy grail and probably the only brand that almost all models keep their value or even increase their value through the years. So yes maybe going “haute” helps curiing an obsession.
That and Rolex. Not the same positioning but you won't lose value with either of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtroo View Post
Interesting. More than VC or AP? Hmm... Where would you sell them? Trade them to a dealer or chrono24.com? Not many places to explore this in my neck of the woods. I bought a vintage IWC manual wind from a friend and a JLC while in Europe.
Giving this one some thought..... God those PP are something to behold.
Patek is on a class of its own above and beyond VC and AP. They are still at the forefront of innovation when it comes to complications. Though VC has stepped up its game lately.

Regarding value, I looked on Chrono24 to see the price for the JLC Master Compressor. It was my first watch bought now 10 years ago. I don't recall exactly the price paid but if I lost money it would be c. 1000€.
So 100€ yearly as cost of ownership is really not that bad in my book.