View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
Serge/Jim,

I'm about to order my cables from Transparent, and I'm thinking of going with the following:
  • Speaker Cables: Transparent Ref. MM (MM2) or Transparent Ref. XL (MM2) - (i) Wilson Sasha W/P's~D.D. Momentums;
  • Interconnects: Transparent Ref. XL - (i) Ayre KX-R~D.D. Momentums (ii) Ayre KX-R~Ayre QB-9;
  • Digital Cable: Performance USB Audio Cable - (i) Ayre QB-9~Mac mini (late-2009)
  • Power Cords: PowerLink MM2 or Reference PowerLink - (i) D.D. Momentums (ii) Ayre KX-R (ii) Ayre QB-9.

Jim, I see that you are using Transparent Ultra (MM2) & Ref. MM (MM2) & Powerlink MM2 cables. Serge, I see that you are using Transparent Ultra (MM2 ?) cabling.

Also, did you guys have the opportunity to audition other Transparent cabling in your respective systems (past & present)?

Would really appreciate hearing your impressions/opinions.

Many thanks,

Philip
Philip
I have always used the Ultra MM2's for speaker cable and C-1000 to amps.
I did upgrade from Ultra MM2 to Reference MM2 between my MCD-1100 and C-1000. (not a huge improvement)
I recently upgraded the Power cords to my amps from Reference Powerlink to Powerlink MM2x (very nice improvement) All my other power cords are still Reference.

Jim