View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
djn04.......Now that the cabinet has cooled you have a slight vacuum in the sealed cabinet. I would loosen the same Allen screw and allow the air pressure to equalize again, then tighten the screw back and leave it alone after that. If the speakers are in direct sunlight, the radiated heat from the sunlight will be higher than the air temperate in the room. Consequently the air inside the cabinet will be warmer from the radiated heat than the room temperature air.

I suggest you close your blinds or curtains when the sunlight shines on the cabinets or relocate the speakers to a more temperature balanced location. Manually altering the air pressure inside a sealed acoustically suspended speaker cabinet is not the best thing to be doing, otherwise the manufacturer would have installed a pressure relief valve and instructions on its use.
Thanks. I already removed the screw to eliminate the vacuum. They don't get much direct sunlight and I've closed the blinds on the windows when the sun hits them in the morning. I think the pressure occurred because we had a 30 degree temperature change in less than a day.

Magico ships the speakers with the allen screw removed to account for changes in pressure during shipment.

I think I'll remove the screw again and leave it out for awhile to allow the temperature to equalize. I'll send an email to Magico and see if they have a recommendation.

Ivan-

No luck with the GasX and the hardest part was getting the gel caps through the tiny screw holes.