View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I've been wondering if AR and Mac gear match well. Reason is this, I've auditioned gear from both companies but I just can't get to mix and match them because of logistical issues and distances between the dealers.

I've been auditioning the 2301's and C500T and MCD1100 for some time now. I'm just blown away by the 2301 and 1100, and have pretty much decided to pick these up. However, the c500t didn't really do much for me. I very much prefer the Ref 5 from AR as a preamp, there's just more air in the music/liquidity and more importantly I like the soundstage and imaging of the AR unit. I'm just worried about the synergy between these components, and I'm not very keen on blowing away wads of cash on something that won't sound good together.

My current system consists of the Moon 700i integrated, A Moon supernova cdp and B&W 802D. Looking to replace the entire system. Still a toss up between the speakers though. Waiting to hear the futuras before deciding on anything.

And thanks again for the warm welcome guys. Truly the best audiophile forum on the net.