Thread: Bird 2
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
shaizada, great looking speakers. I habe marten django xl latest, did you have a chance to listen both. Were birds 2 exel in compare with martens? Thanks.
I have heard the Marten Djangos XL when they first came in to the US market. They sounded splendid! I love the fullness and richness of sound they portrayed with such ease. However, there were the Coltrane Tenors sitting right next to them in the same setup. The combination of a diamond tweeter and that accuton midrange in the Tenors was really something special. The Bird 2 have the same midrange and tweeter which have a more sophisticated mid and top end compared to the Django. Hence, I went with them. Marten has never designed a mediocre speaker from what I've heard from them over the years.

You have clearly chosen an EXCELLENT speaker my friend. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
shaizada...congrats on the Bird 2 and wonderful overall set-up. Always been a fan of EAR and TdP's designs.
Thanks! Me too There is a "rightness" about his sound that I seem to really enjoy and savor.
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor

Last edited by shaizada; 02-14-2014 at 10:04 PM.