Thread: Strads!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Dave, Thanks to your thread here and other’s influence including Ivan’s, I’m going down the same path that you did by replacing my Amati Futura with Strads. Of course, as with with any purchase; especially large speakers, there is a bit of trepidation.

Ivan located a mint pair of late production red violin Strads for me which will be delivered and setup next month. Can’t wait
And rightfully so! You are going to love them. The Futuras are very good speakers, but the Strads hit everything I was hoping for in the upgrade.

Who is going to set them up for you? A local dealer or someone else? While I've played around with positioning and they sound very good, I can't help thinking that a pro familiar with setting up Strads could result in even better sound.
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9