Thread: Power Cord Grip
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I don't have the problem with my current gear (Shunyata cables and Linn electronics) but used to with previous equipment. I used to push a small sliver of wood or shim under the bottom of the IEC plug to support it, and that worked effectively as long as not disconnecting and reconnecting often. It sounds a little cheesy but was quite effective. Of all things, Stim-U-Dent tooth picks made handy shims.
I'd like to think I won't be doing much connecting/disconnecting now, but just bumping around behind the system can be inadvertent trouble. That happened as I was reconnecting everything after having moved the system forward. I'll probably move the speakers out two or three inches, too. No power cords with those!

On the other hand, I'll have to disconnect to dust thoroughly. Uh oh.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks