View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by med_designer View Post
Hello -

Hoping Caelin Gabriel can chime in on the new products I have heard about that are close to release. I am in the market for new a power distribution solution and associated cables. I have looked at the options from AudioQuest, Isotek, and PS Audio as well but the underlying background, science and held patents on the developed technologies by Shunyata is compelling. Perhaps most compelling is the positive results brought about by noise reduction in electrophysiology labs.

My needs are fairly straight forward. I will connecting several McIntosh components that include a C70 tube preamp, D1100 DAC, MCT450 SACD transport, MC152 power amp (150W per channel), and a Linn LP12 Radikal power supply. The Radikal converts AC to DC and supplies power and controls the DC motor.

Option 1:
  1. Get a new Denali D6000/S V2 or a demo D6000/S V1 (to save a bit)
  2. Use a Venom HC on a Denali D6000 connected to the wall outlet
  3. Use new Venom NR cables the source components
  4. Power amp directly to wall - about 10 feet away from source components

Option 2:
  1. Get a Venom PS8 and connect with a new Venom HC NR to wall outlet
  2. Get Defender and plug into Venom PS8
  3. Use new Venom NR cables the source components
  4. Power amp directly to wall - about 10 feet away from source components

Also - it would be nice to have an explanation as to why Shunyata never adopted regeneration. While very few companies seem to take this approach, on paper, and to those of us who just read marketing materials, it is compelling. But my gut instinct tells me perhaps it is not the best approach.

Thanks for the help in advance -
If my understanding is correct (and Caelin and Grant should jump in here), the problem with AC regenerators is the same as with components: they generate a back wave of noise (from the power supply in the case of components, or from the regenerator in the case of those).

If my understanding is also correct, its this back wave of noise from all the various components that is attenuated/ameliorated by the Shunyata Research CCI™ technology.

From my own personal experience, my "entry-level" Shunyata Hydra 4 makes the system sound considerably better than a PS Audio Power Plant Premier.

I would get the Denalis 6000/S V2 if your budget allows. The fully isolated receptacles, full CCI *and* high-current functionality and the (rather amazing) 60 dB noise reduction sounds frickin' amazing.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-07-2019 at 11:34 AM.