View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenkirk View Post
I have had pretty much the same trouble with the other subs. If this new REL G1 does not do the trick, try a Stentor. I have never not been able to dial in one of the ST series REL subs. If I can hear a sub, it is not right. I totally understand where you are coming from. I started with one Stentor II and a pair of Sonus Faber Extremas. After a day or two of moving it around, trying different settings, etc. it just blended perfectly. Pure magic. Then after a while I wondered if 2 Stentors running in stereo would be better. This was a long time ago and Richard Lord was running the company. He was friendly and we traded a bunch of emails about running the subs in stereo. My question to him was 'Are two Stentors in stereo better than one Studio? " His answer... Two Studios would be best! Yea sure! At the time Stentors were 4K each and a Studio was 8K, so it was a valid question. He never would commit to the answer. I decided to get another StentorII and run them in stereo. It made a dramatic difference. The extra sub filled in holes and gave a depth to the soundstage that was not there with one Stentor. I now use them with my Amati's and they were easy to dial in with the Amati's. Good luck!

Ken
Ken
One issue I am dealing with is I do not want to clutter up the room and finding room for one G1 might be tricky, so two subs won't happen.

I agree with your premise that if you can hear the sub something isn't right.

JIm