View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy2 View Post
I've had mine about a month. No issues. Is it possible you got some kind of ground loop?

From Google: In an electrical system, a ground loop or earth loop occurs when two points of a circuit both intended to be at ground reference potential have a potential between them.[1] This can be caused, for example, in a signal circuit referenced to ground, if enough current is flowing in the ground to cause two points to be at different potentials.

Ground loops are a major cause of noise, hum, and interference in audio, video, and computer systems. Wiring practices that protect against ground loops include ensuring that all vulnerable signal circuits are referenced to one point as ground. The use of differential connections can provide rejections of ground-induced interference. Removal of safety ground connections to equipment in an effort to eliminate ground loops also eliminates the protection the safety ground connection is intended to provide.

I will be honest this is beyond my knowledge. What I do know is that in my conversations with PS Audio they do not think it’s a ground loop issue and have not brought that up. Additionally my previous power unit did not make any noise and I have the same kind of units plugged into it. The only thing that has changed is that I went from Wireworld silver PC’s to Wireworld Platinum PC’s