Thread: Nordost Frey 2
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Frey 2 is in the middle of the Norse 2 series, I use Frey for all power and speaker along with Shunyata for all interconnects although on equipment different then yours.

Both companies are reputable and make a good product. There are several other great names out there as well. IMO keep component feeds as groups batched by brand.

Either way, you acquired some great gear, your choices are solid and best listening to you!
I'm at a crossroads between trying shunyata and nordost frey 2 myself.
The nordost dealer offered a full cable setup demo, but it's a bit pricy for this level and up.

Shunyata while still expensive it seems to be a more reasonable value. The only problem is there is no demo. I buy and return if I don't like. That's a crummy thing to do to a internet store. One or two cables shouldn't be that bad, but 5 interconnects, custom speaker cable lengths, and infinite power cables makes me feel like a jerk to order with intent on possible ordering.

In the meantime I ordered one Delta NR power cable, but just one cable probably won't do much for me either. Even if I get nordost I could put the shunyata in the living room AVR.