View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 03:11 PM

Sadly, the pair of Anniversarios I was purchasing just fell through. The seller had promised me that he would hold on to them until I rented a vehicle and traveled the six hundred miles to pick them up. He even told me that my offer of a deposit wasn't necessary, we had a deal. And in the end, it turns out that he sold them to a nearby friend the night before the morning I was leaving to get them.

This is extremely unfortunate on a number of levels. These were mint condition, very lightly used speakers. I actually had someone available in the general area that went and confirmed this. The speakers were also available at a very good price.

Anniversarios also do not often show up for sale (clearly everyone loves them as much as Dan!). And on the rare occasion that they do show up, the sellers almost always price them at the extreme high end.

I'm thinking that this may have more or less ended any likely opportunity for me to own a pair, and that is a major and painful disappointment. I don't really have any other options.

John