View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:42 PM

Vx-r and mx-r twenty sound same...diff is 100 w .

and seperate grounds..assuming you have 110 outlets for both w diff gnd potentials...which RV feels may generate some differences...hence his comment that the vx-r can sound better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
Tom, I'm a bit surprised that you think the VX 5 and MX 5 Twenty sound nearly the same. I am probably getting the VX 5 Twenty as that's all I can probably afford, but in listening to the MXR Twenty in many shops on Vandersteen, Wilson and even Focals I personally think they are much more dynamic and a bit smoother. I think the sound stage locks in a bit better. It's hard to use words to describe as on a board folks try to read into what you are saying, but to me there is a big difference in all areas, but at the levels we are talking about it's incremental. Most who have the ref gear are wanting it for the dynamics and to drive the heck out of their speakers (as you said, more power and current to drive better in larger or more difficult rooms). I just am loving all the Ayre gear and their upgrades and new pieces are just very strong players in their price ranges. I really like this forum a lot too.