Thread: New to Shindo
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:22 PM

I may be quoting Halpern the importer here, but l would look to Shindo's own designs to find speakers that are suitable for Shindo amps.

On the budget side, if you can find some vintage Altec Valencia, Flamenco, or 604s you wouldn't stand to lose much. They typically go between 1-2k if you can find them on craigslist. Maybe not the best size match for smaller rooms but they could do well. I'm using Flamencos in my 14x16 room.

I've been itching to hear the Auditorium 23 single driver speakers like the 755 Hommage, Hommage Ken, and Shindo's own Lafite. Those are still north of the DeVore O93, but the 755 Hommage and DeVore O96 are in the same pricing ballpark. The O93, 755, and Hommage Ken should play nicer in small rooms.

If you've got a dealer nearby I would try and listen. I will say this though: I'm pretty sure the A23 speaker was designed to be used with Shindo amps. As far as system tailoring goes, it's great to know someone as respected and talented as Keith Aschenbrenner is building gorgeous speakers to be compatible with Shindo amplifiers. It takes some of the guess work out of system matching and synergy.