View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 AM

Default New cables to come....

Well, I finally got a bad springtime Flu !

Based on my dear and highly respected friend Dan, I placed an order for :

- a complete set-up of Silver Eclipse XLR interconnects for the whole system (except the MR77 ) : MDA1000 to the C1000P, C1000P to Lyngdorf RP1, Lyngdorf RP1 to the 2301 Monoblocks ( there's one length of 5 meters for the left channel... ! ).
- 2 Silver Electra PC for the 2301's. My friend JM gave me 2 high end PC of an other brand for a try and the results are just preliminary ones, but I do hear a more weighty sound. As JM's cables are too short for me, I decided to follow my Guru's choice for the Silver Electra for the monoblocks...
- 4 Electra PC for the rest of the system ( Linn Ikemi cd drive, MDA 1000, C1000P, and Lyngdorf RP1).

I don't know if the difference will be huge or subtle with my very low cost MOGAMI microphone Neglex XLR cables, but :
1) Life is short even if it still seems crazy to me to spend near 5K into IC and PC cables.... And I know many here have spent much more....
When I think that in many countries in this world the average salary is 50 dollars a month, I just spent into cables near 10 years of work of someone there. What a crazy world when you think about it...
2) It is difficult to refuse some hi-fi spending that comes "incognito" for the wife
3) I trust Dan very much. I never had an once of a regret after buying what he recommended to me and others. ( I hope he will be happy from his MEN220 which I may have contributed a little bit in his will to buy one...)
4) I just don't have time for time consuming cable comparative listening sessions...
5) I won't think all the time that my present cables could be a brake of some kind for great performance of my system.

Next step will be changing the speaker cables.
I'm very happy now with my Paul Speltz "anticables".
BTW I saw that Paul introduced IC cables based on his speaker cables design. The testimonies on his site are pretty amazing. I hope I did not spend all that money for nothing...
I want to try the Kimber 8TC Dan is using. It won't cost a fortune ; I just need less than 2 meters total !

Will keep you informed of the results...
Cheers,
Jérôme

PS / Ivan is a good seller... ( and I think Dan is helping a bit, backoffice ! ) I just added to my order an AES / EBU Gold Starlight 5 to connect the Ikemi to the MDA1000.... : now I'm above 5k !

Last edited by Jerome W; 05-18-2010 at 06:15 AM.