View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Semi-audiophile

Thursday I received my first paycheck with the new tax cut in it. I was surprised at the amount, and it didn't take long for curiosity to renew itself, as I once again am thinking about Shunyata Delta NRs on my MC501s, replacing the Transparent HPPCs there now. I also took a look at the Pro-Ject Xtension 12 (detachable headshell possibility!) and the MT5 (what happened to the MT2, by the way?). These are items that had more or less been put aside, but resurfaced yesterday, and I'm sure the influx of money has at least something to do with it.

It's not as if I know or think the Delta NR will be better than the HPPC, or even Transparent's Premium PC ($100 less than the Delta NR, and .25m longer); I don't. With the larger paycheck, such items become more feasible, and I start wondering again. Does anyone else have these types of episodes where you just start thinking about stuff, after you thought you'd moved on?

I downloaded a brochure on the Shunyata Delta NR and appear to be looking at it all over again. Maybe it'll go away again, too. To me, $700 is a bit steep for a power cord. But then, so was the $960 Transparent Super IC I bought last year.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks