View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've got Sashas on order and have some questions about set up. This will be my first pair of Wilson speakers.

I've read all I can about the set up process. However with new Wilson speakers taking some time to break in, I have a question about how well can the set up be dialed in from the start? Is it possible to get it right even before break-in, or does speaker placement need to be tweaked after break-in?

Also, how "fool proof" and reliable is the certified set up process? Does it take the likes of a Peter McGrath to really get it right or can trained people from any dealer get it right?

The reason I am asking it that my dealer is 200 miles away. They will graciously come for initial set up, but I don't think I can reasonably ask them to drive back here for further tweaking once the speakers are properly broken in.

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Regards,

Dave
I think PHC1 said just about everything to expect and to do yourself. Part of the enjoyment of buying Wilsons is having the dealer set them up initially. You know your room and equipment better than your dealer? I had my dealer set up my WP/7's and listened to them for a day and ended up making small incremetal changes with a different spike under the WATT and change of toe in by .5" to get that final smoothness in the highs I had heard initally.
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.