Thread: Kt150
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 AM

Default Ordered the Vsi75SE in silver

Hey guys,
Just an update here. After my first post, I decided to order what will apparently be called the Vsi75SE. According to my dealer, the ONLY thing that is different is that you now get two pairs of matched KT150 tubes. Nothing else has changed, apart from the name then. Therefore it seems that ARC have concluded any necessary testing and are happy with result. I cannot find anything official on their site though. This would imply that the KT150 will work on other amps using the 120, but I cannot of course back that up.
The price was 600 Euros more for the SE and that sort of makes sense if they choose tubes more carefully and you take into account the taxes and import duties for Europe. So, in about 2 weeks' time, I should be the owner of one of the first "official" Vsi75SE to be released. Will use it with equally new Focal Electra 1028 be. I previously have a Woo Audio DAC that I have used with the WA22 headphone amp and will continue to use same DAC with the Vsi75. Tested the whole combo at dealer's and sounded good.
Happy days