View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 AM

It has been invaluable reading what Randy and Jim have been experiencing with their cables and also hope Mike is enjoying his cables since going the SE 6. I'm really keen to hear what Dan is coming out with (very likely a much more in depth review) from his time with both the IC's and now the speaker cables given his experience, ear and gear.

It is hard for me to exactly attribute the specific changes in the Wireworld ICs because all of my gear is relatively new and settling in (varying from about 150 hours up to 300hrs+)...

Perhaps the only nervous time I have had so far with the Wireworlds SE 6 was a concern from 100 hrs till about 200hrs over a sense of a slight congestion or lower mid range grain. This was noticable since the extension and quality of the treble (this is liquid silver, not hard or cold) and the balance and authority of bass of these cables is so good right from early on.

That inconsistency dissipates with every listening over 200hrs and the cable is now much more uniform in terms of it's relative transparency/speed/detail/timbre from bottom to top. Good to hear both Jim and Randy say the WW cables do keep changing in no small measure for quite some time. Was starting to think I was hearing things. Strangely for me the most noticable realisation of how much better these cables are than anything else I have had came when I was listening to some clarinet and oboe and for the first time listening to 'not live' music found the reediness sounded just right, so seductive.

From about 200 hours on I am not hearing the cable much any more... not thinking about any part of the range any more... just kind of hearing more of the musical phrasing/delicacy in the performance, enjoying the brilliance of the playing, the expression and emotion of the song... just listening to the music and thinking less I spose.

This cable is becoming more and more of a fluid ghost in the system and I'm very happy about that... might just be that is the highest compliment I could pay it... it is dissappearing...

cheers
Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 08-26-2011 at 06:43 AM.