View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 11:11 AM

Folks, when it comes to isolation devices color me "total novice". AA is a highly advanced website. I never thought I'd ever have a Noble Laureate make a comment on my thread having nothing to do with audio.

I hadn't made an audio purchase this year and just on a lark thought I'd measure the height of my Mac footers thinking "no way am I going to take them off, wonder if the Pedestals would work."

The result was a purchase and I'm really excited to receive these Pedestals. I think Joe Dandy (how I miss his comments), probably knew as much as anybody.

My experience with isolation devices goes back to my days as a resident. I know my wife thought me an idiot but I always had to have a hi fi. So in our rental house (every intern or resident had to buy a house in those days) I set my hi fi up. It included a Luxman direct drive turntable with a Grace arm and Ruby cartridge. The room was undamped. The acoustic feedback was incredible. I still remember it. That's about as far as I go.

My rule based on my experience in that rental house has been "get the gear out of the sound field" if possible. This minimizes vibration and isolates the electronics.

But the expertise and level of sophistication regarding isolation gear and power conditioners is incredible, far above me. My foray into isolation devices begins and ends with these Pedestals, as my foray into cables, power conditioners, cords, etc. begins and ends with my AQ.

I guess my question is how does a miniscule amount of vibration make any difference?

Best

Charles